Saturday, March 31, 2012

Awesome antique shop in Lancaster, OH.

I was passing thought Lancaster, OH the other day for work and I stumbled across this antique shop.

Its located at about coordinates 39.71697,-82.60681305555555.  For those of us that love cast iron, there is plenty scattered though out the building but in the lower level, there is a ton of it.  

I rummaged through a lot of it and decided on the following Griswold skillet.  Circa 1937-1957.  It sat flat with no wobble and there were no chips or cracks.




Rusty cruddy awesomeness!  I used my typical method of cleaning and the end result was as expected, and I added one more user to my collection.






1 comment:

  1. How much did you pay for that Griswold? I recently saw some at an antique mall in similar condition but wasn't sure what a fair price was. And thanks for the post on electrolysis!

    ReplyDelete